Monday, August 21, 2017

The Pause

In June I discovered a very useful tool for my journey to lose weight., but July got here and I was so busy that I forgot about this tool. This is the reason I have decided that I will be including these weight lose tools in my "Health and Wellness" journal so I can be reminded of them when a tool gets lost in the hustle and bustle of life.

One day I had a fudge bar for desert and it was Oh SO delicious that I had a second on. No big deal with only 1 gram of fat - 2 won't really hurt me was my thinking. And on this day - when I finished the second bar I was OH SO temped to get another one.

A still, small voice guided me to just pause a second and think this through. Did I really need another desert? No - I did not. I had the ultimate tool- to pause and pray and ask for deliverance from the temptation. And because I paused and allow the Holy Spirit to guide me - that strong desire slowly began to fade. But time was required.

A temptation is exactly what it was and many ties we think because it's just food and it won't hurt anyone - what difference does it make if we fall for the temptation or not? But it does matter, each time we fall for temptation it is harder and harder to resist temptation. And this is the reason that at the beginning of the second week of August I found myself in the situation in which I needed to say "No deserts" until I could get back into the habit of pausing and praying and asking for guidance. When I began the week of no deserts - I did not remember this important tool. I did not remember that the Holy Spirit was there when ever I needed help with a temptation but as the week went by - I was reminded of the previous lesson.

We can be sure that any time we are up against a temptation that all we have to do is call for help and we can count on help! It may not come instantly - when I wanted that 3rd fudge bar - trust me that strong desire was there - but as I sat there slowly the urge dissipated and I was set free.

Next time you have a temptation - call for help - it will be there. You can depend on Him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking