Sunday, August 20, 2017

Putting Rules into Action

Last week I talked about how it's important for us to learn the importance of setting rules for ourselves. During the same time that I was coming to the conclusion that rules were important, I had the opportunity to put this tool into action.

Although I am working towards losing weight, I still have tried to keep low fat treats around to help me through the process. Pearson's Peppermint Patties and fudge bars have been my treats of choice. Because one fudge bar has only 1 gram of fat and four peppermint patties have 1.5 grams of fat, they are very reasonable desserts to have while trying to lose weight.

However, I had gotten careless and had let getting a desserts get out of control. I realized that I needed to do a reset. In order to do this, I needed to set a temporary rule of no desserts for a week in place. Well actually not to eat the patties or fudge bars during this time.

Since I knew it would be challenging for me - especially at the first, I decided to replace my normal deserts with other options. If I had to have something sweet - it needed to be a piece of fruit, fruit cup, yogurt, or yogurt with granola. I also got some gum to have as an option if needed.

During this break from sweets I was reminded me of a tool I had discovered, but had forgotten. And this tool is called - "The Pause." And this is a whole post of it's own so be sure and check back, I will share of this new tool soon. I think it might help you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2