Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Food Journal

So last week I started my food journal. I just choose a spiral notebook- that way I can have plenty of room to record stuff for quite some time. My food journal includes more information that just what I ate that day. I also have been recording what I have done for exercise for that day. I am trying to remember to write down how much water I drank that day and if I had lemon water that morning or not. 
 
 Some of the questions you may want to answer in your journal are:
 
What are you eating?
What time are you eating?
Why you ate?
How your day went?
Are you proud of how you did?
What did you do right?
What did you do wrong?
How can you improve tomorrow?
 
When writing in your journal - be real with yourself. The journal will not do you any good at all if you aren't honest. If you ate because of emotional reasons- write it down. If you know the emotion that you were experiencing - write that down. You may find some correlations with how your feeling and what you are eating. And by being open and honest - you may be able to learn better coping skills in order to deal with those negative emotions than by eating. But as long as you are in denial - growth and healing will not be found.
 
I think a really good thing to do when we are working on our journals is to pray about them and to also list the times we were tempted and were able to overcome because we called on Jesus for help.
 
Maybe a Bible verse will come to mind to help you that day - write it down. It may help you on another day as well - because you wrote it down.
 
My story about the pause - and being given help in my temptation would be a good story to list. Knowing God has helped in the past helps remind us that He is willing to help in the future as well.
 
Maybe you have some more suggestions of what needs to be in our food journals- I would love for you to leave a comment and share your suggestions. I am sure there are other things that could be included.
 
With all of this information maybe we might need one page - front and back to record everything that we want to - and that is fine. It will give us plenty of room.
 
I have just started my journal last week - so I am sure that I will make a few changes to it as time goes by and as I learn the things I want to include in my journal.
 
If you have any suggestions - I would love to hear them! :O)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)