Friday, August 18, 2017

The Attitude of Gratitude...series.. first assignment

Sorry I missed last week -maybe if I learn to have more gratitude in my life it will help me with some of the struggling I have been having lately. It is worth a try. :O)
 

Making It Personal

 
Thankfulness ought to be a way of life. But in the reality of our daily lives it is easy for discontent, murmuring, complaining, criticizing, or even bitterness to displace the "attitude of gratitude."
 
Cultivating a thankful heart will result in speaking thankful words. However, developing the habit of thankfulness may require some practice!
 
Why not start that habit by devoting an entire week to practicing thankfulness? Listed below are some practical suggestions for a "week of giving thanks." You may even want to include the whole family in this project!
 

~Day 1~

Every chapter in the book of Colossians has at least one reference to thankfulness. Read the following verses and jot down a thought that stands out to you:
Colossians 1:3, 12; 2:7; 3:15, 17; 4:2
 
 
 
Someone has defined gratitude as "learning to recognize and express appreciation for the benefits which I have received from God and others."
 
Try to memorize this definition today, and review it at least once each day this week.
 
***************************************************
See you again next week for Day 2 of our assignments :O)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories