Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Truth

Some mornings for quiet time - I just randomly pick a verse to read and then try to better understand that one verse. Thankfully I have a great reference Bible that helps me find other places in the Bible that help me have a better understanding. And this is what I did this morning. And I really enjoyed a few things that I have learned and wanted to share with you all.

"Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him,
"If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 
32. And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."
John 8:31-32  
 
The word truth stood out to me so strongly that I knew I needed to dig a little deeper. Just to let you know I was studying in my Andrews Study Bible NKJV, and so all the quotes that I share that are not from Bible will be from this study Bible. Anyway in the study notes it referred me to the study note for John 4:24 - so I read the verse in order to get a better understanding of my study I went back a verse to read it also.
 
"But the hour comes, and now is,
 when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:
 for the Father seeks such to worship Him.
24.God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth."
John 4:23-24
"Matthew, Mark, and Luke make little use of the word. Truth~ In John truth is the revelation of the will and character of God in the words(1;17; 3:34) and actions(8:32, 36) of Jesus and in the ongoing ministry of the Holy Spirit (16:13). ALL other paths to truth are deficient or counterfeit."
 
"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through Me."
John 14:6
 
"Jesus is the path to God, the revelation of what God is like(vs. 9),
and the source of life (1:4-5; 10:10;20:31)"
 
"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly."
John 10:10
 
"The life Jesus brings is not just eternal- it is of higher quality and it begins in this life."
 
Isn't that just beautiful?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories