Thursday, May 18, 2017

Personal Growth

Have you ever had a moment when you realized that you had grown as a person? I had that kind of experience this week and I would like to tell you about it.

Sitting at Dairy Queen eating our lunch one day a little over three years ago, I noticed someone sitting at a booth alone. I told my husband that I just did not know if I would be able to do that. I did not know if I would be comfortable to go to a eating establishment and order food and sit and eat by myself. I really don't know what had caused me to get to the place of not thinking I could do it- but I truly did not think that I could.

Well yesterday after my appointment with my oncologist- I decided to do something fun for myself- to go thrift store shopping. It gave me something to look forward to. Going for that kind of an appointment ever six months is not that fun- so it is best to pick something fun to do after wards as a reward. So after my appointment I went to two thrift stores up in that area. And I was hungry - I went over to Wendy's and I got myself a side salad and a sour cream and chives baked potato. After I got done eating - I went and got myself a small frosty for a treat. As I sat there and enjoyed my treat- I looked out the window and I felt refreshed and really enjoyed myself. As I thought of my oncology appointment it hit me about the time a little over 3 years ago - several days after one of my hardest days of chemo when my husband and I had went to DQ. And all of a sudden I thought - you have grown! Truth is that this was not the first time that I had done this- but this was the first time that it registered to me that I had come a long ways. I am now able to go some where and order myself some food and go and sit down and eat it and enjoy it. And that is great new. I am thankful that God has brought me this far and I look forward to where He will be leading me to learn next. I have some ideas of some things going on in my life right now as to some of the lessons- and I have to be honest some of them are painful. One of them has to do with a meal shared earlier in the week - that wasn't as pleasant as the one by myself- maybe that is another reason why this time it really stood out to me. Be looking forward to the post about it- I think it is a lesson that many others need to learn as well - and kind of like a public service announcement- maybe by me sharing I can help save some others from having to deal with the pain than I experienced.

Have you noticed areas in your life in which  you are growing?  Be sure and pay attention. If you surrender your life to God and allow Him to guide and direct you - you will see changes. Some might be painful but they are well worth it when you see growth.

*****************************************
By the way my oncologist said everything looked good. It will be a few days before the results from the blood work comes back. I got see her in 6 months. And I have a really big feeling that I will be moved to yearly visits then! We shall see! :O)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)