Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Fear of the Lord

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom:
 a good understanding have all they that do his commandments:
his praise endures for ever.
Psalms 111:10
 
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge:
but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 1:7
 
By mercy and truth iniquity is purged:
and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.
Proverbs 16:6
 
The fear of the LORD prolongs days:
 but the years of the wicked shall be shortened.
Proverbs 10:27
 
 The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life,
 to turn one away from the snares of death.
Proverbs 14:27
 
The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever:
the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
Psalms 19:9
 
The fear of the LORD tends to life:
 and he that has it shall abide satisfied;
 he shall not be visited with evil.
Proverbs 19:23
 
By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honor, and life.
Proverbs 22:4

The fear of the LORD is to hate evil:
 pride, and arrogance, and the evil way, and the fraudulent mouth, do I hate.
 Proverbs 8:13


"My conclusion is that the fear of the Lord is a basic ingredient for living a righteous life, the foundation of spiritual infilling. " Sanctuary Secrets Pg. 53

"The fear of the Lord is reverent submission." Sanctuary Secrets Pg. 54

 
I delight to do your will, O my God: yes, your law is within my heart.
 Psalm 40:8



Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto Him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Hebrews 5:7

Just wanted to share a little from what I am learning from this book that I am reading right now.
I am guessing this is just the tip of the iceburg about what the Bible says about "the Fear of the Lord" and one of these days I plan to do a deeper study on it.
*********************************************************************

I have ordered a great book that I look forward to reading and I am sure will be sharing some of what I learn here with you all. The book is called "Love God and Do As You Please: A New Look at the Old Rules" I am always blessed by Morris Venden's books - they draw me closer to God every time. And I like that. Those are the best kind of books to read. I look forward to sharing. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2