Friday, May 26, 2017

The Attitude of Gratitude.....series


The "attitude of gratitude" is something that desperately needs to be cultivated in our hearts, our homes, and our society. Its presence brings in its train a host of other blessings, while its absence has profound, lethal repercussions. Consider with me some of the contrasts between a grateful heart and an ungrateful heart:

A grateful heart is conscious of God and others,

while an ungrateful person is self-conscious and self-centered.

 
Grateful people think and talk abut others, but ungrateful people tend to focus on "my needs," "my feelings," "my hurts," "my desires," "how I have been treated, neglected, failed, or wounded." An unthankful person is full of himself; his whole world revolves around himself. He seldom pauses to consider the needs and feelings of others.
 
As a result of this preoccupation with self, ungrateful people are typically grasping, demanding people, while grateful people are free to be giving and caring.
 
Grateful people are loving people who seek to gratify and bless others, while ungrateful people are bent on gratifying themselves.
 
One o the most common end results of ingratitude is the sin of moral impurity. The manor woman who is not thankful for the way God has met his needs, easily begins to falsely accuse and find fault with our good God. In rejecting the provision God has already made, the ungrateful person is only one small step away from seeking to get his needs met in illegitimate ways.
****************************************************************
Be sure and come back next week. This is an excellent series. It has stepped on my toes a bit - as it has opened my eyes to areas in my life that I need to change. Well that I need to allow God to change.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking