Friday, April 28, 2017

Biblical Portrait ....series

"Every wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down."
Proverbs 14:1
 
Few women are aware of how much influence they have on their surroundings.
 
Regardless of our marital status or living arrangements, all of us as women have some type of "house." That "house" may be our immediate family, or neighborhood, our workplace, our school, our church, or our nation.
 
Through our attitudes, our words, and our behavior, we have the power to bless and build the lives of those around us; we also have the power to tear them down and destroy them.
 
On the following pages, you will find a series of contrasting statements that suggest specific ways we can built up or tear down our homes. Check the statements that best describe your attitudes, words, and actions towards those that God has place in your life.
 
Ask God to reveal whether  you are wisely helping others by building them up, or foolishly hurting and hindering them by tearing them down.
 
DO not let the enemy discourage you by what you may see. Rather, as you become aware of attitudes, words, or actions that are tearing down your home, agree with God, confessing your foolishness. Then, in each of those areas, ask Him to make you a wise woman and to help you build a home that will bring great glory to Him.
 
Do my Actions "build up"....or "tear down"?
 
  • I set an example for my children and others by obeying my authorities with a right heart attitude (Titus 2:4-5)
  • I often disregard authority and do whatever I want to do.
  • I am diligent in serving and meeting the needs of others with a willing heart attitude(Galatians 5:13).
  • I am often lazy and reluctant or unwilling to serve others.
  • I am faithful in caring for the practical needs of my family and home (Proverbs 31:27).
  • I neglect many of the practical needs of my family and home, due to lack of planning, discipline, or desire.
  • I take time to renew my mind with the Word of God, so that I can be transformed into the likeness of Jesus(Romans 12:2).
  • I indulge my mind in suggestive books, magazines, television programs, or movies.
  • My behavior with men is discreet, chaste, and above reproach(1 Thessalonians 4:3-7).
  • My behavior with men is sometimes aggressive, bold, or flirtatious.
  • I look for opportunities to minister in practical ways to the poor and needy (Proverbs 31:20).
  • I am so consumed with my own needs that I don't have time to reach out to the poor.
  • My home is a place of ministry and encouragement to others outside my family. (1 Peter 4:9).
  • I seldom invite others into my home.
  • My behavior in the presence of others is reverent, sober, and self-controlled (Titus 2:3-4).
  •   I often seek to draw attention to myself or to gain acceptance through loud, boisterous behavior.
  • I am actively involved in teaching and disciplining my children and/or other women in the ways of God (Titus 2:4-5).
  • I am not personally involve in ministering spiritually to others. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa!
    This is right in line with our women's Bible study right now at church!
    It is very hard to answer some of those questions..truth be told, I still have a ways to go.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision