Friday, April 7, 2017

Biblical Portrait....series

This week we are back to our Biblical Portrait of Womanhood series. Sorry to have missed a week or so there. This week I have specifically dedicated time earlier in the week to get this typed out to make sure it is up Friday morning. I think these things are important for all of us women who want to live our lives in God's will.
******************************************************
"Every wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down."
Proverbs 14:1
 
Few women are aware of how much influence they have on their surroundings.
 
Regardless of our marital status or living arrangements, all of us as women have some type of "house." That "house" may be our immediate family, or neighborhood, our workplace, our school, our church, or our nation.
 
Through our attitudes, our words, and our behavior, we have the power to bless and build the lives of those around us; we also have the power to tear them down and destroy them.
 
On the following pages, you will find a series of contrasting statements that suggest specific ways we can built up or tear down our homes. Check the statements that best describe your attitudes, words, and actions towards those that God has place in your life.
 
Ask God to reveal whether  you are wisely helping others by building them up, or foolishly hurting and hindering them by tearing them down.
 
DO not let the enemy discourage you by what you may see. Rather, as you become aware of attitudes, words, or actions that are tearing down your home, agree with God, confessing your foolishness. Then, in each of those areas, ask Him to make you a wise woman and to help you build a home that will bring great glory to Him.
 
  • I am quick to extend mercy and forgiveness towards those who fail (Matthew 5:7).
  • I keep a mental record of the offenses of others and see for ways to get even.
  • I have an attitude of reverence and respect for my husband, as my spiritual head (Ephesians 5:22-23,33).
  • I communicate a attitude of disrespect toward my husband.
  • I remain loyal to my husband, regardless of his failures or shortcomings(Prov. 17:9; 1 Corinthians 13:7-8a).
  • I am openly or subtly critical of my husband when he fails. 
  • I genuinely love other people, and seek to meet their needs ahead of my own. I am more interested in the welfare of others than I am in my own (2 Corinthians 12:15, Philippians 2:4).
  • I really love myself more that I love others, and seek to protect and defend my rights, my possessions, my time, and my reputation. I am more concerned about being happy than about making others happy.  
  • I am easily content with whatever God provides for me (Hebrews 13:5).
  • I struggle with a spirit of discontent about my circumstances, my health, my physical surroundings, or my material possessions
*****************************************************************
I think we will stop here, be sure to come back next Friday when we continue examining our hearts. See you then! :O)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories