Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Trying Not to be a Drama Queen

I am really trying not to be a drama queen. It seems like my family and I have had more than our fair share of drama. Sometimes I get tired of how much drama type stuff that I have going on in my life. So when the newest drama crept up - I have tried to keep a lid on it, but it is bubbling up and if I don't get it off my chest I think I am going to boil over.

A little over 3 years ago when I was going through chemo I remember reading in the handouts that when you have the chemo drugs sometimes a side effect is that you have a chance at a secondary cancer. So you can understand when I found a pea sized knot on my left breast that it would freak me out a bit. Well that was several weeks ago - about the time that I had the flu - I was too sick to pursue taking care of it - so once I was feeling like I could face it all- I called and set up my well woman appointment. Today was the soonest they could get me in. So I did not tell the Dr where I had found the knot- and as she was doing her exam - she found another one! Because I have a WHOLE LOT of appointments to take my Mother-in-Law to next week - the soonest they could schedule me for a diagnostic mammogram was a week from tomorrow. I am wishing now that I could have gotten it set up for tomorrow - but I already had an appointment set up to take my clothes into the consignment store and had a couple of things I had to do while I was in town.

So after I left my appointment- I had to take a little time to gather myself together before stopping by the post office to mail a few things out. I had a little talk with God. I told Him - I know that He will not allow anything to come my way that He will not give me the strength to handle...but...... that going through chemo and all of the stuff that goes along with that is still so fresh in my mind and I just am scared. I had to ask Him to help my unbelief- to give me the faith that I need. Thankfully He is faithful. I have had a few bouts with fear creeping up - but I am trying to remember that fear is not from God.

For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
1 Timothy 1:7

The thief comes not but for to steal and to kill and to destroy the sheep; I am come that they might have life and that they might have it in abundance.
John 10:10
 
So I continue to choose to put my trust in God. He is in control.
If you would please keep me in your prayers - I would greatly appreciate it.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you, and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4

    Praying for you this morning!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)