Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Bible Tells Me So...

My husband and I are both the black sheep of our families, you know in the ~red headed step child kind of way. Where we have both lived in the shadows of the favored child.
Something happened this past week that really brought back the feelings of being the black sheep. And while I was talking to one of my sons about the situation, it was very obvious that he also realized the situation and what it was, I told him that since his father and I are both the black sheep of our families, that we do not believe in the idea of having black sheep in our family. And that neither he nor his brother were black sheep -now or ever. What a good feeling to be able to tell him that and to know that we were able to step out of that curse that could have been passed on to more generations had we made the choice to favor a child over the other.
Later as I was thinking this all out- it struck me that in God's kingdom there are no black sheep either! Now there are goats or lost sheep, but no "black sheep". And even then it is the choice of the "goat" or the "lost sheep" - God has not placed them in that spot. How do I know? The Bible tells me so:

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.   
 Galatians 3:28
 
             11 For there is no partiality with God.  
  Romans 2:11

 I am very thankful for this!
When we accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour and Shepherd- we are then His sheep and he loves us so, and promises never to leave us nor forsake us.

    Be strong and of a good courage , fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.   
Deuteronomy 31:6

Here is a link to a great Bible Study website - It is called Crosswalk -(this is actually the Bible study tools section of this website. I have my link set up to go straight to this page since I use it so often).  I use this site quite a bit go get Bible verses. Another cool thing about this site is that you can type in a word on the search bar and t will bring up all the verses that have that world. Like for example - you can type Shepherd and see all the times that the Bible refers to Jesus as our good Shepherd. It's really cool. Hope you enjoy! :O)             

4 comments:

  1. Bless you my sweet friend, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In sorry to hear of your past experiences but rejoice in the fact that you broke the cycle for your children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you two about being the black sheep, Jeff(DH) and I both are as well.
    It is hard at times, But God is always there,,,
    I am there for you to :)
    Blessings,Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful thing to do--with Jesus help--to break that awful, destructive cycle. This is a gift that cannot be measured, which you are giving to your children. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)