Friday, May 10, 2013

Drawing Nigh to God....series

Drawing Nigh to God

by
Minnie E. Dauphinee
 
 

After This Manner Pray... "Thy Kingdom Come"

 

"Our Father which art in heaven. .. Thy kingdom come." This is a prayer that God will come and reign supreme in our own hearts, and that He will come as king to reign over all the earth. "But that full establishment of the kingdom of His glory will not take place until the second coming of Christ to this world." 
 
The second coming of Christ is the keynote of the Bible. It has been the hope of Christians throughout the ages. Jesus teaches us not only to pray, "They kingdom come," but to hasten the glad day of His coming by telling others that gospel story.
 
Are you hesitant to speak to others because of the meagerness of your own knowledge of the Bible? If so, you will find encouragement in the experience of the first two missionaries whom Christ sent to give the gospel in Decapolis. They had been with Him but a short time, and had not even heard Him preach one sermon. They desired to stay with Him. Yet when Christ told them to go back to their own neighborhood and tell of His saving power, they obeyed. Though they could not instruct the people as could the disciples who had been longer with Christ, yet they told what they knew. Marvelous results followed.
 
In working for others we should not pass by the unlovely or those who seem indifferent.
 
After an evangelistic service a deaconess removed the flowers from the church rostrum to a cool place, intending to take them to the sick. The next morning she found on the floor a lily bud that she had dropped the evening before. It was withered badly, but she placed it in water. great was her astonishment later to find a full-bloomed lily as beautiful as the others. She knelt and prayers, "Dear Lord, through the parable of the lily bud, help me to realize that I must not pass by even the seemingly unlovely and hopeless without offering them the water of life."  
 
Only as we do what we can to hasten the coming of Jesus can we pray in sincerity, "Thy kingdom come."

" I would not set the hour my Lord will come,
I would not say it cannot be today,
I would not name some dim, far-distant year,
Or grow impatient at His long delay.
 
"But I would live so earnestly and full
That every hour the message should
impart,
And even strangers, seeing me, should know
I have my Lord's returning on my heart."
_Eugene C. Rowell
 

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories