Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Creativity Opens Up Opportunities

Here are a few more things that I have been working on in my sewing room.
The bright Block of the Month was one that I needed to sew from last month. The blue and brown one is the BOM that I had to put together for BOM for this coming Friday.
 
The project in the middle is a new project.

The was my attempt at making a Clothes Pin holder. I am a visual learner and the way the directions were set up for making this bag confused me. When I thought it was finished and I was complaining out how the sides were looking kind of rough and my husband suggested I turn it inside out = and sure enough ~ that is exactly what it needed! I was thrilled. There is improvements needed by the next time that I make it but I am proud of myself for trying.
 
You see, as I have shared with you all before -I have a tendency to be a perfectionist. Well because of this- I tend to shy away from doing things that I don't think I can do a really good job on. So I am proud of myself for attempting to make this bag even though I was concerned about how it would turn out.
 
We need to give ourselves permission to be creative. We really do!
 
I am sure glad that I have become more creative. Not only am I figuring out how to make pretty things(BOM), useful things(clothes bin bag/holder, quilted hammock's for the kitties) but we also begin to have the confidence to make basic adjustments to our clothes and this can come in very handy. Just last week -I made two adjustments that made some clothing much more useful for me.
First, I had a nice red and white floweredy skirt. This skirt goes down several inches below the knees(just like I like) however, it had a slit on the side that went up about 8 inches or so. Well I really do not like slits. So I took the seams out around the slit and was able to sew the seam and close the slit. And now the skirt is how I like it!
Then my sister had giving me a pair of this navy blue pants with little white stripes. Well they are not really something I would use - but I cut off 8-10 inches off of each leg and then I hemmed them up. Now I have a nice pair of capri's. Something I am more likely to use.
These are just a few examples of how being open to being creative - you can do things to improve your life.
I am so glad that I am becoming a more creative person.

3 comments:

  1. Your creative sewing is an inspiration for creative thought. I no longer have a sewing machine~because sewing creates tension... and frustration overwhelms me, but I like the creativity side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very creative my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv your Clothes Pin holder.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories