Saturday, May 4, 2013

Bible Marking series...."First Day of the Week"

As you can tell, I have decided to go in a different order than how my teacher presented these topics.

Before we begin, I would like to be sure and say up front- on all of these markings- I am not claiming that these are all of the verses for the topics. This is just a basic beginning point at studying a topic. I hope you all will enjoy them all. 

Things you will need for Bible Marking:

*Bible
*colored pencils
*pencil- I recommend a good #2 pencil- these are getting harder and harder to find.
*pen- optional - I like to use a pen to write information on a paper in the back of my Bible.
*ruler or bookmark- you will use this to underline the verses.

Now you are ready to go!

Today's lesson is - First Day of the Week - FD - Matthew 28:1

Now after the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the tomb.   FD - Mark 16:2

Very early in the morning, on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen.  FD- Luke 24:1 .

 Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. FD- John 20:1

Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb.   FD- Acts 20:7

Now on the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight.
FD- 1 Corinthians 16:2   

On the first day of the week let each one of you lay something aside, storing up as he may prosper, that there be no collections when I come.  FD- Revelation 1:10
  
 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet, 
FD- Mark 2:27-28

And He said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath. 28 Therefore the Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath."   FD - END


"Christ, during His earthly ministry, emphasized the binding claims of the Sabbath; in all His teaching He showed reverence for the institution He Himself had given. In His days the Sabbath had become so perverted that its observance reflected the character of selfish and arbitrary men rather than the character of God. Christ set aside the false teaching by which those who claimed to know God had misrepresented Him. Although followed with merciless hostility by the rabbis, He did not even appear to conform to their requirements, but went straight forward keeping the Sabbath according to the law of God." PK 183
If you want to check out this quote and the rest of this chapter/book click HERE

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2