Monday, May 13, 2013

Salt in my Kitchen....series




 

Salt in My Kitchen

by: Jeanette Lockerbie 

Bible Reading:

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. 4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;"

1 Corinthians 13:1-5   

Over the threshold into a world as new as the going away outfit! New china and linens, shiny new pots and pans, new furniture- and new responsibilities.

Over the threshold into a world as old as Eden: one man, one woman. Two individuals "joined in holy matrimony," as the minister intoned in the ceremony.
Individualism is not submerged. You are the same you. Personality is not one whit changed.
God, who made us, knows the propensities in all of us for selfishness, for self-seeking that leads to many other happiness-destroying traits..
We would do well then to take to heart right from the 'carrying over the threshold' - the beginning of a new life - the far-reaching counsel of the love chapter of the Bible(1 Corinthians 13)
 
Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful (v. 5, Amplified).
 
Living by God's pattern you can assure a marriage that will be,
 as Evangelist John Linton entitled a popular sermon for young adults:
A heaven in which to go to heaven.
 
 

2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)