Wednesday, May 22, 2013

In the Sewing Room -Edited(photo added)

Yesterday, since there were storms in the forecast I decided to spend some time in my sewing room.
I decided to make a cat sized quilt.
 
 Actually a while back I had made this quilt top- and in the original size that I made it - it was 4X this size. I decided to cut it down in order to work on this project.
We had a cat climbing toy thing that came with material that just did not hold up very well. So I made a small quilt. And thanks to my husband was able to get it in place by the time we went to bed last night.
I was happy that I had more of this quilt left - because I noticed that there is another place on this toy that needs a new quilt attached.
Not only does this make it more attractive but it is more sturdy. And it can also be removed and washed!

Sorry to keep adding but wanted to add this just in case someone wanted to make this project- I made the little quilts and then I sewed some fabric tubing on the underside to slide the plastic posts of the cat toy through in order to keep the quilt in place.
 
Sorry for the poor quality of these photos - I lost the cord to upload photos from my camera so I had to use the photos from my phone. Don't know why it is so grainy. But at least you still get an idea of what it looks like.
 
I hope you all are doing well today. God bless :O)
 

EDITED TO ADD:

Look what I got done this morning! This one was much easier since I had all
the bugs worked out of my original plan.
Anyway I wanted to show you what they look like now. There is one more spot but for now I am going to leave it the way it is to give the cats options. 

2 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)