Monday, February 18, 2013

A Tribute - To Tiggy

What a day we have had. Not the day we had wanted to have.
 
We met the lawyer at his office at 8:30am. From there we went to the Court House. We had been warned that she was wanting supervised visitation and since we were not going to agree to that - there is no reason to have to have supervised visitations, then we were in limbo. Still hoping that things would be able to be settled today.
Both lawyers went to talk to the judge and then we were told that the judge had assigned an ad litem attorney - which means we will have to pay a whole lot of money and who know when we will be able to see our granddaughter and get things settled.
 
We were so discouraged. We have been through the ringer the past couple of months and we just wanted some closure on that relationship and be able to see the granddaughter. But nope.
 
*************************
So I noticed about a week ago or so that my precious Tiggy had been losing lots of weight.
 
About 8-9 years ago my sweet husband went by a local animal shelter and picked Tiggy out especially for me.
 
I have loved this cat. We really had a special relationship.
 
 He loved to play in boxes of every kind! Loved to sleep in them and play in them.

 He made a very good big brother to his sister Lou Lou.
 And he made a great little brother to Beans - his older brother.
 This photo is one that was taken in the year.

I loved how this cat would talk to me - really he would talk. When I was in the kitchen he would ask for milk or ice cubes. He loved an ice cube added to his water bowl. And he loved to talk to me.

Well since my husband had taken the day off already - and since my sweet Tiggy had been acting lethargic and not really drinking or eating much lately. We took him to the vet.

He was very anemic and his white blood count was sky high. The vet went on to tell us that he believed that Tiggy had lymphoma. My sweet boy was very, very sick. So we had to make the very hard decision to have him put to sleep. I spent a few minutes talking to him and telling him how much I loved him. How I would never forget him. And then it was time.

Photo: Rest in peace....How I loved you. Jason Carpenter picked you out especially for me and I have enjoyed the years we have had with you. How you would talk to me, ask for milk or ice cubes. You will be missed <3
I feel like I have lost a best friend. I will always love him. May he rest in peace.

It's been a very rough day for our family. Please keep us in your prayers. I really appreciate all of your love and support.

5 comments:

  1. Sending you hugs, love, and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DID lose a best friend! I am crying with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys - it means a whole lot. Sometimes you just don't realize how very much a part of your family your pets really are.
    Lisa :O) (trying to keep smiling)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lisa, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a sad day. Sending you lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories