Monday, February 25, 2013

Keeping Important Information Together

Today I discovered another great reason to have a Home Management Binder. But first let me share with you some of the information that I keep in this binder.

#1~ I like to keep copies of things that I have come across that have been encouraging to me in my role as a wife and a mother.
#2~ This section is on cleaning my home. This is also where I keep my home made laundry powder and dish washing powder.  There have been several great resources where I have printed off great sheets in helping me in this area. (I will make sure these sites are still available and I will do another post sharing where I got some of this awesome stuff)
#3~ This section is about menu planning - I also keep a printed off calendar - and when I am really doing a good job at keeping up with things around here - I like to write what we are eating - so that we don't get in a rut of eating just the same exact things over and over.
#4~Computer - in this section I keep a copy of my address book for my e-mail account, Favorite blogs ( need to update this section soon)
#5~ Vehicle Maintenance - sell explanatory
#6~ Contact Information - I like to keep a listing of our bills and such - the company names - account number and phone numbers.

That is the basic things I keep in this binder. Anyway let's get back to why I am so glad that I keep this information in one spot.

Next week end - Steve Arrington, ex-chief diver and expedition leader for Captain Jacques Cousteau will be sharing his most exciting and life changing experiences for Sabbath School, Church service and vespers. Well I have a good friend who I know would be very interested in coming to this but she does not come to my church. So I was writing up an e-mail to tell her about it. Well when I went to the e-mail address book - I remembered that when I got a new computer a couple of months ago that we were not able to get the addresses transferred over. So what I have in my address book are only those that the people have written to me in the last couple of months.

A little later - I remembered that I had this list of e-mail addresses and sure enough there it was. So I was able to let her know about this exciting opportunity for her and her family.

It is just a good idea to have all your important information in a localized spot so that you can reference it when needed.

(By the way, those of you who might be in the DFW area and would be interested in this program by Steve Arrington please leave me a comment or send me a private message and I can give you more details)

4 comments:

  1. I call my binder my brain--believe me, it does a better job than my brain. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - I have to admit - I am not real organized. The older I get the more I try to be but I still have a LONG ways to go.
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking