Thursday, February 7, 2013

Update On Us...

Since some of you have been wondering how things were going - I thought I would do an update post.
I am on my last day of antibiotics. I am praising the Lord that I have not gotten a yeast infection this round. I have made sure to eat yogurt at least ever other day or so. I am feeling better. I am still coughing some stuff up- so not totally cleared up. This is a really tough bug. But I have heard of other really rough stuff going around -like the flu, and a virus which causes vomiting and diarrhea so I am thankful for what I have instead of having any of those things. I am trying what ever I can to keep from getting those things.

I read that Vitamin D3 is suppose to really help the immune system. A lady I know who works at a hospital and is constantly around sick people says that she takes 1,000 - what ever they come in a day and that she does get sick hardly at all. So it is something that I want to look more into. I love learning new tidbits like this.

My husband got the same stuff I have been fighting. He is on his second round of antibiotics. He is not as willing to try natural remedies as what I am. His did the same thing mine did- once he got off the first round - he felt better for a couple of days and then bam - fever and lots of congestion. He had to do a lung xray yesterday - Dr called within 30 minutes of the xrays. Scared me to death. The only time we have ever heard from a Dr that soon after having a test done - it was bad news. I was happy to hear that his lungs were clear. He had coughed some phlegm up a couple of times that had blood in them. That did not sound good.

My oldest son worked a temp. job the last two days. It is really bad work environment - the place wants people to work 12-14 hour days - 7 days a week. That is not good. Even the Bible tells us that - that is why "And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made."
(Gen 2:2-3) But at least he was able to make some money to cover a couple of his bills. Still praying for a Full time job for him. His divorce hearing was postponed - it was suppose to be the 4th of February - now it is suppose to be the 18th. Please keep that in your prayers. It has been a tough and ugly 3-4 months or so. They even falsely accused my husband of something bad - he has since been cleared. But they used this false accusation to keep us or our son from seeing our granddaughter over the last 3 months. It has been very rough on all of us. We hope and pray that once the divorce is final that they will abide by the judges orders and at least let my son have his visitation.

It has been so beautiful around these parts of the country this week. My windows are open and I even have our quilt and blanket off of our bed - washed and they are now hanging on the clothes line - enjoying the sunshine. I sure with I could get out and enjoy it more- but the meds I am on say its best to avoid a lot of sunlight. So I have just gone out and did little odd jobs here and there - like move a bird feeder to a new spot so I could see it better from my window. Picked up a few odds and ends to help clean up the yard more, and put the cover back on the grill. I love days like these. You know - I can really tell that I am feeling better just by the extra jobs that I have been able to get done lately, for example, yesterday I vacuumed our carpets really well and then I steam cleaned our carpets. They had gotten pretty dirty. We have light blue carpet so it gets dirty easily. Not the carpet that my husband and I would pick. We love a mutli-brown shag carpet - it is something that has been around a long time. And if it is around when we are able to get new carpet - I am sure that is what we would go with. It is great carpet - does not show the wear as easily. Anyway there for a few months or so I felt like I was in survivor mode - just doing what had to be done and forcing myself to do what I did do. God is good and he heals the hurts that we get in this life time and when there are situations in which we have not control and they cause us great pain - He is ever present to give us what ever we need. I want to thank him for that today.

I hope you all are having a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you, and your husband to feel much better. Asking God to intervene concerning your son's divorce. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update. We will continue to keep your family in our prayers. xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)