Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Half Way Through the Week

Good evening~ This week has not been the way that I had thought it would be. I am so very thankful that I am feeling better than last week - at least I don't have the horrible headache or vomiting. I am still having issues with my back- well they say it is stemming from my back but I am having more pain and irritation is like across my butt/hip bone area and down my right leg. I am still having to sleep on the side with a pillow. And the tingling in that right leg is still really bothering but, like I said - I am SO thankful not to have the other stuff.

Well yesterday my youngest son dug a whole in our back yard - back by the trees - the area that I cleaned up last year. He had to go to work and my husband had to work late so my oldest son went with me to the vets to pick Tiggy up. I guess a lot of people have their pets cremated but we like to bring them home and bury them. It was very difficult to go pick him up and to bury him. But God gave me the strength.

You know you just don't fully realize the large part of your lives that your pets take up until they are gone. Just the presence of him being here has been missing and has been missed.

Today my son was wanting to borrow our steam cleaner and I was going to help him organize the granddaughters bedroom - I also had a bookcase to take to him - to use in her room. We pulled the changing table out and put the bookcase in. And I organized the toys. The room looks so much better and I am sure she will really enjoy it the next time she is able to come down. We are hoping it is soon - since it has been since the 28th of November since we have seen our little angel.

I was proud of my son for how he is taking care of his place. When he was married, his wife did VERY LITTLE house work and the brand new carpet that was in the living room - had all sorts of stains on it because she could care less if something was split on the floor - it would just stay there - until my son cleaned it up - if he even realized that there has been a spill- there was a lot of stuff all over the floor.

So anyway he really worked today on steam cleaning the carpets and although they are not like new - they are so much nicer. I am proud of him working towards taking care of the place.

Well I will be posting my What a Promise verse that I was going to use last week. It would have been the perfect one - but that's ok- It will be a great promise for us for tomorrow as well. Have a good evening! :O)

2 comments:

  1. It's so so so hard to lose a pet. My heart goes out to you.
    I hope you will soon recover from the back/hip/leg pain. It must be so uncomfortable.
    It sounds like your son is doing well and keeping a nice clean house, bless him. I hope his little girl will soon be spending time with him there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your loss, keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

26: The Facts About Fats - Part 1