Monday, February 11, 2013

Taking Things For Granted

This is actually the second post of the day - so if you missed the first one - be sure and check it out.

This past week-end my husband and I got sucked into watching- "Buying Alaska." This show is about people looking for property in Alaska - and a realtor showing this 3 properties and then them deciding which property to get. We really enjoyed the showings of the 3 properties and then trying to guess which one the people would go with. Sometimes we were right, sometimes not.
And oh my goodness~ The views were awesome! I would love to have a view like them.

But there are also draw backs as well. And to those looking for property in Alaska those draw backs are not as big of negatives as they would be for my husband and I. At one property they were telling the potential buyers that the house was heated with propane. They went on to say that since propane was running $3.50 area per gallon that the propane bill would run about $1,000 a month! Oh my! There have been some months especially in the summer and especially before we got new windows put in, that we would have pretty big electric bills, but NO where near $1,000 a month.

After that I began to think that there are so many things that we take for granted in life and we don't really even realize we are taking them for granted. As many of you know- that I was dealing with an upper respiratory infection/sinus infection for like 2+ months. And I was thinking that health was something that I was really taking for granted. I have had a really good immune system most of my life with getting sick here and there but nothing like this past couple of months. Oh and if fighting that infection was not enough - the last week I have been dealing with sciatica pain and discomfort. It has been so bad that there were a few nights that I did not get very much sleep at all. I talked to my Dr and she told me to sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees or on my back with a pillow under my knees. Well today - my discomfort went into the pain - and the part that you have to be very careful at how you move. I am SO hoping that I am closer to the end of this discomfort and pain.

So back to what this post is about and that is we all really need to be thankful for all the blessings in our lives and even the blessings that we don't realize that we have like - like when we are experiencing health a majority of the time - that is a blessing, and many of us - although our bills seem high - there are probably a lot of people that are paying more for the same thing. We can find SO many things to be thankful for if we will only look.

********************
I had not planned on doing a second post today but since my sciatica nerve is giving me so much trouble today - I am not being able to get the list of things that I wanted to get done today- so I thought I would share my thoughts on being thankful and taking things for granted.

Hope you all are doing well. :o)

3 comments:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)