Friday, June 22, 2012

I Shall NOT Be Moved

"1 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved."Psalms 62:1-2 
    "My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. 6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved ." Psalms 62:5-6

What an excellent Bible passage. I love how in verse two he says he will not be greatly moved and then down in verse 6 he shall not be moved. I have been here before - sadly many times - where I don't have very much faith. But we can learn a great lesson from David about where that confidence comes from in verse 6. David learned to totally rely on God. He realized that what ever trial he found himself in to totally put his trust in God. And as I like to say totally surrendering his live to God.  
In this sinful world it is easy to let our trials get us down. And when we begin to spend a lot of time worrying about these troubles - our focus is no longer on God. We have taken our lives into our own hands trying to be in control. And many times that leads us to be working against what God is trying to do in our lives. 

    "In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.8Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us." Psalms 62:7-8 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories