Sunday, June 10, 2012

Glorifying Him Rather Than Criticizing His Sheep

Lately - I have noticed something that bothers me. It is the fact that way too often Christians bad mouth other Christians~ criticizing what they do, what they say, any area of their lives that they think does not meet their standards. It is a real shame.

I have been at the grocery store and heard a conversation and it broke my heart. I thought what if there are people around who are not Christians listening and being turned off from God because they do not want to be a part of sometime like that. I have even seen this kind of thing on blogs~ Christians criticizing other Christians. And in fact I hesitated to even write this post - realizing that it is going to sound as if I am doing the same thing. But I really felt that it is important that I write this post. I think that since we are followers of Jesus Christ and that our purpose on this earth is to glorify Him, that maybe we might want to examine our own hearts and our motives before we criticize other people. Allow God to be the judge of other people. Try to find the good traits in our fellow man and uplift them rather than pulling them down by criticizing them. Just a thought.

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)