Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Gems in Philippians

Earlier this week, I was talking to a friend about how the last 3 1/2 years have been the hardest years of my life. Don't get me wrong, there have been good times and happiness, but there has been a lot of different tough things to deal with. Some of them I have shared, some of the things I can not share. 

This morning during my quiet time, I ended up in the book of Philippians. As I was reading chapter 4 of Philippians I found a treasure. This is one of my favorite verses, as I am sure it is to many others as well. 

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." 
Philippians 4:13

Well I was reading out of my Andrews Study Bible and so I looked down to the bottom of the page to see the notes for this verse. It said, "do all things. Cope with every situation." How cool is that? Especially when I am dealing with a situation in which I have no control, it is reassuring to read that God will help me cope with every situation. 

I am also learning about acceptance. It seems to be that when you accept a situation - it might mean that you approve of it, but acceptance of a situation does not mean that you always approve of what is going on. No - the acceptance that I am talking about is more the acknowledgement of the facts of the situation. There are situations in our lives that we have to learn to accept. These are also the situations that are best to just let go of and give them to God. There are burdens that we were not created to carry. And we have a loving God who is willing and ready to carry them for us. And I am so thankful for this. 

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."Philippians 4:6-7 
By the way, in my Andrews Study Bible for the word "Understanding" they say : ExpectationIsn't that a cool thought? I sure thought so. :O) 
If  you are interested in learning more about the Andrews Study Bible just click on any of the links provided. I will be sharing a bit more about this Bible later. Have a great day and may God bless you! 

3 comments:

  1. Because of Jesus I can cope. That is so good. We have hope. We have Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara~ I love "We have hope. We have Jesus" That is so very true. Thanks Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such good promises. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)