Thursday, June 14, 2012

A New Pass Time Activity

A couple of weeks ago, I was going through a cabinet and found a puzzle. This started a new craze around here - puzzle making! My husband went and got a small table that we had stored behind a door in my sewing room. The table was not quite big enough so he made a board to lay over the top of it and began to put the puzzle together. I would help every now and then. He finished that one. He asked me to get him another puzzle. I did. Sorry I don't have a photo of the first one he put together but I do have a photo of the second one. A Thomas Kinkade puzzle:

This Thomas Kinkade puzzle might eventually be glued together and make into a photo. We really like his work. And now that he has passed away his art work which was already way out of our price range will probably be even further. 

So this brings me to this last week - I stopped by Goodwill to look around and see what treasures I could find. Well I found some great treasures! Puzzles for only $1.15 each!! 

This is the one we are working on now. The very day that I found these puzzles I came home and got to work on it. I got the entire outer edge put together and a few other pieces before my husband got home. Oh - the puzzles that had been put together prior to this one were 500 piece puzzles. Now - 750 pieces. I am so glad that I have my husband to help. It has been fun to take turns. 


And once we are done with this one - we will be kept busy for quite some time. We have 4 ~ 1000 piece puzzles to put together. 

These puzzles are for sale at Walmart and are about $10.00 a piece -give or take a bit. I was thrilled to have found them for $1.15 each! What treasures! Praising God for having me at the store at the right time to find such great treasures! Do any of you enjoy puzzles?

3 comments:

  1. Mitch and Alison love puzzles, and Austin and I do not, though I do enjoy helping others a bit. Just get overwhelmed when doing them on my own I suppose. So glad you found them for such a great price! Blessings from heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love puzzles! What great finds too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have really enjoyed them.
    Susan - I get frustrated with them and that is why it is great that I have help from my husband. I work on puzzle as long as I am having fun - once the fun leaves - I leave the puzzle. lol
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories