Sunday, June 17, 2012

Remembered By...

I have been thinking quite a bit about genealogy this afternoon. I decided to look up the word. I found the following information on Wikipedia ~
"Genealogy from Greek: γενεά, genea, "generation"; and λόγος, logos, "knowledge")  is the study of families and the tracing of their lineages and history. Genealogists use oral traditions, historical records, genetic analysis, and other records to obtain information about a family and to demonstrate kinship and pedigrees of its members. The results are often displayed in charts or written as narratives.
The pursuit of family history tends to be shaped by several motivations, including the desire to carve out a place for one's family in the larger historical picture, a sense of responsibility to preserve the past for future generations, and a sense of self-satisfaction in accurate storytelling.[1]"


What got me thinking about genealogy? Well earlier today I talked to someone that I know that is doing a lot of work in genealogy. As she told me about how much money people made, what they did for a living and such -it dawned on me that those are not the things that I want to be remembered for. There is so much more to live - so much more than how much money a person makes or their career. These things are temporal and in the long run don't amount to a hill of beans. 

Years from now, I would much rather people have a way to find out that I loved Jesus! That I had finally learned to totally depend on Him. And that a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is very important. Those are the things that I want them to know - Jesus - lifted up.

I really don't know how to go about having that be a message to have for future generations, but I do know that I can spread the message now. That I can do what I can do now - to spread the message that Jesus Love Us and wants a personal relationship with us.

Oh by the way, I hope I have not offended anyone who likes to work on their Family Tree and learning about their past. That was not my intent. It is really cool to learn about our kin from years ago, I just wish there was a way to learn more personal things about them. And that their legacy could include their belief in Jesus Christ. Because I want future generations to know how much I love Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

“The Central Issue: Love or Selfishness?” | Sabbath School Panel by 3ABN...

Sorry I missed posting last week. Here is the 2nd lesson in this series. I am hoping it blesses you! :O)