Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Importance of Being Still

We live in a day and age in which we have every technological advantage, but I think that could be more of a negative if we do not use it properly.

We also live in a time period when so many people are busy; always having way more to do than we have time for. I think that Satan loves to keep us busy. When we are always busy, we do not have time to hear from God. That is why I think it is important to make time every day to be quiet and still. When we are quiet and still - we are more able to hear God speak to us.

There have been many times in my life when I have been quiet and as I watch my chickens, the birds, or squirrels that God whispers lessons into my ear. But if I was always busy, always noisy - I would have missed those lessons. There are many important lessons for us to learn- if we will just be still.

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" Psalms 46:10

And if you are going through a hard time right now, you can know that you can count of God to quiet your soul:

"The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

Be sure and take some time every day - to be quiet and still. Study God's Word and be still - and listen for the things that He wants to share with you. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

27: The Facts About Fats - Part 2