Thursday, December 8, 2011

Just a Little Break - Taking a Trip

Earlier this week my Grandmother passed away. I knew she was not in very good shape but it still came as a surprise.
We are comforted in the fact that the next time my Grandma opens her eyes she shall see Jesus coming in the clouds!

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words." 1 Thessalonians 4:16

My son and I will be driving to Colorado for the funeral - leaving this morning. My husband does not have any time so he can not take off, with him having so many health problems this year. Anyway - I am not really looking forward to this trip - not the driving part anyway. I will be very happy to see family that I have not seen in years. And when I say years - I mean YEARS. It has been over 10 years since I have seen my Dad. And it will be great to get to see him. Neither of us have had the time or money to make the trip to see each other. He lives a bit closer to me than my grandparents do. But he has a longer trip to my Grandparents house than I do. It will be about an all day drive for us.
If you would - I would really appreciate your prayers. :O)

3 comments:

  1. Will be praying for you both--safety, peace, and good reconnection with family. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I pray that you had a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I'm catching up on your blog today and I was sorry to hear your grandmother passed away. My condolences to you and your family. I'm so glad you were able to visit with many relatives! That's what I was able to do when my dad passed away and it was a great comfort. Again, my condolences to you... Debra

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)