Monday, December 5, 2011

Blessings

"Every ray of light that we shed upon others is reflected upon ourselves. Every kind and sympathizing word spoken to the sorrowful, every act to relieve the oppressed, and every gift to the needy, if prompted by a right motive, will result in blessings to the giver. PP 218

An interesting story to go along with this quote. The very day that I read this quote - I had a visitor stop by with these lovely flowers for me.



(yes - my Dewie was as excited about the flowers as was I!)



I had helped a friend out with something that they could not do - and these flowers were a "Thank you" gift. I thought it was so neat that the very day that I had been reading in my "Patriarchs and Prophets" book and found the above quote, and how the quote had stood out to me - that I would see it in action.



Truth be told - there are many times that I have done kind things and it seem as if there is no recognition but there are blessings all around us, if we will only take the time to recognize them.



Be kind to those around you. Allow God to bless those around you, through you. And maybe by your kindness you can draw people to Jesus Christ, the one who put the love in your heart to do for other. May we be a light shining in a dark and dreary world. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking