Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christian Lingo

A couple of years ago, I started going to some 12 step type meetings at my church. I have shared with you all - that there is a couple that used to have a very worldly lifestyle with drugs and alcohol being at the center of their lives. When they got cleaned up and then later came to know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior - they decided to do their part to help other people.


I remember sitting in those meetings for the longest time - thinking that they really know this program. And I thought there is no way that I am ever going to know this program as good as they do.

Well I have finally gotten to the point of accepting that everyone is different. And knowing the program in order to be able to quote different quotes and such - is not what is important to me. What is much more important to me is to develop a better relationship with Jesus Christ.

In real life, I think we sometimes fall into the trap of thinking because we know all the Christian lingo that we have it altogether. And in the meantime we are neglecting the most important thing and that is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)