Monday, May 16, 2011

A Healthier Alternative

Ricotta Style Filling

2 lb. Tofu(firm)
1/4 C. Lemon Juice
2 tsp. Honey
4 tsp. Basil
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. salt

Drain Tofu and mash thoroughly with a fork. Then add the remaining ingredients. This is great to use in Lasagna. I also use some real cheese but this has a great flavor and by using this - you use much less cheese, which of course, is not very good for you.
My husband, who was raised on meat and still loves his meat, likes the lasagna when I use this.
I had lost this recipe for a LONG time and I just happened to come across it last week. So glad to have it again. I will probably make this for my family for Sabbath Dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision