Friday, May 27, 2011

People Pleaser or God Pleaser?

OK - Today is going to be kind of a part two of this post Here "in whom I am well pleased" was the name of that post.
But before we get to that point - let's go back to the beginning. I think I have shared before about being a people pleaser. And this is not really a good thing. One of the negatives of being a people pleaser is that fact that if other people are upset with you - it really hurts you deeply.
Earlier this week, I felt the need to set a boundary with a family member. This person has the habit of only accepting me if I make her happy. And ever since I wrote a very nice little message to her and explained my thoughts - I have not heard one word from her. And that is not like her - Especially after we missed the last hour of Biggest Loser because of the weather reports going on. Normally I would have gotten a phone call from her asking me if I knew what the results were. Well this week I did not get that call. And yesterday it was starting to get to me. So I began to ask my self questions and I even asked it on Facebook - What causes a child(because mine began as a child) to be a people pleaser? Well I asked this question late enough that I really needed to get to bed instead of waiting up to find out what answers may be.
I went to bed and as I was laying there - as my habit is - I began to pray and then my mind wondered- but did it?

"And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." Luke 3:22

Then the thought occurred to me - why was God pleased with Jesus - because Jesus was doing His will. Some how I got mixed up and I thought that my job was to please other people, but the truth is that I am only to be concerned with pleasing God - and in order to do that I need to do the will of God - not the will of people around me. How freeing this was to me last night!

I don't need to be concerned about what other people think of me.


My value is based on how much God loves me. And He "..SO loved the world that, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life." And so is your value! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision