Friday, May 13, 2011

I'm Back

Wow- it has been a while. Last week our family went through some stressful times. It is not really something I can share on here - as it is not really my information to share. But we are praising God that it looks like things are more back to more normal now. And we pray that they will continue to be so. These circumstances really brought back some bad emotionally feelings from my growing up and so I had to work through those.

Then once our lives were a bit more back to normal and I was feeling like blogging again - I came to work on a post and could not get into Blogger. Now it seems that all those problems have been resolved as well.

So this week - I had to work more than usual because my son ended up getting bronchitis. One day after work - I was really needing gas and so I drove to a favorite gas station nearby. Now this gas station is only about 1/2 mile down the street from one of my favorite Goodwill's and I could not pass up stopping by to see if there were any treasures to be found and sure enough, there were. I found a great set of Tupperware measuring cups! I love Tupperware measuring cups - and I don't care what color they are - they are wonderful. And for $1.50 - I was excited to get them!
Then as I am looking I come across these Handmade Soaps! And when I first saw them I was just excited with the fact that they were homemade and smelled good. And when I got home and I really looked at them, I noticed they were from Walnut Grove Mercantile - just like on Little House on the Prairie!!! They were $1.00 a piece - Great prices!!

And one more treasure was found! This is a salt and pepper set from Avon - $1.00 a piece. They are milk glass. And the tops of them are plastic. I love the little scene on the front of them. It is too bad that things are not made like they used to be. I am hoping to find out about what year these are from. I have not found that out yet. If any of you guys know how I would find that out - or if you know when they came out- I would really love to hear.

I really like the old Avon perfume bottles - that were different shaped. I have quite a collection of them. I am lucky and find more of them at Goodwill for $1.00 -some have been $2.00 but not many at all.

One more thing that I would like to share today. I have been reading along with the Blogging through the Gospels. And today as I was reading- a question that I have had was answered. And it got me thinking- it is really important to read through our Bibles because the Bible will answer alot of the questions that we have - of course with the help of the Holy Spirit. Something that I have been doing is taking notes as I go along and that way I can refer back to it when I have questions. Anyway - if you are not already doing so - it would be well worth it to start reading your Bible through. And remember if you would rather begin reading in Matthew that is perfectly fine. You will get a blessing reading your Bible - I know I sure have.

Well I do hope that everyone is doing good. Have a wonderful week end! :o)

1 comment:

  1. Love your Goodwill treasures! It's so neat when Jesus helps us find stuff like that--little presents from Him! :) So glad you are back--I missed you. You and the rest of the family are in prayers for whatever was going on. With Blogger down I couldn't get the past two days of Blogging through the Gospels done, but hope to get back into a regular schedule myself now.... Happy Sabbath!

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision