Wednesday, May 18, 2011

When the To Do List gets Out of Control

Well we started some major projects around here and then it got really hot. So the projects slowed down. Then my husband had his back surgery -which brought our projects to a stand still. Then once he was better and released back to work, and the weather was better. Then his work approved overtime and had MANY jobs that needed to be done - so for several weeks he worked his tail off - just not around our house. Well and then wouldn't you know it about the time that we could get back into getting some of these things done - he went into the hospital. If it was not one thing, it was another. Well all of this to say that our To Do list is very long. I mean LONG. So I have decided that I am going to look at the list and I am going to start doing what I can do and hope that I can get things under control around here. Our yard has had to be mowed several times already - but I have not been able to keep up with the weed eating and we have a lot of TALL grass. So I will just have to work at it until I get it under control. I am going to see if my husband can fix the push mower - because the way our yard is - there is quite a bit of it tat needs to be pushed mowed - and that will cut down a little on the amount of weed eating that has to be done.

Well today I decided to work on a couple of the projects that I have really wanted done. My Mom had given us several metal shelving units for the garage. They were stacked outside and grass was grown up all around them. So first I had to weed eat to get to them. I really don't like to walk through grass that is like 2 + feet tall - We do have snakes around here and I would rather not meet one face to face -or rather foot to face.

So I got enough weed eated and then pulled the shelving units out so we could get to them when we needed them. And then I started working on cleaning part of our garage. It was in really pretty bad shape. For some reason - some people around my house don't know how to through stuff in the trash. Well that is the only conclusion that I can come up with when I end up with a large trash can full of trash from just the area in front of my car and around my washer and dryer and by the back door- next to washer and dryer. My plan had been to clean the area in front of my car and us put the shelving units there. So we got them set up there Two 3 foot shelves. And we got most of those areas cleaned up. I need to do a bit more cleaning on top of the washer and dryer and on the shelves above the washer and dryer. I also got some fire wood taken back to where we like to stack our wood - to prepare for next year.

While I was working I found a couple of boxes of my clothes and I have gone through them and I have sorted it out. I have a big trash bag to give to my sister. And ended up with 2 loads - a light and a dark load of clothes to try on and see if they will work. I am sure that part of them will not but I have to try them on and see.

There are a lot more jobs around here that need to be done but I will tackle one job at a time and I am hoping that I will be able get that list under control some time soon.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a good plan started! I have a huge "To Do" list planned for this summer, and am hoping to actually get it done--or most of it anyway. I tried to really think things through and break them down into small parts. That way I can feel like I am really making progress and not get discouraged. The other day I organized our books in our basement--which REALLY needed to be done. Then I went to my list to cross it off, and discovered I hadn't even written it on my list yet! So--yes, I wrote it on the list just so I could have the pleasure of marking it off! I have heard of people like that, but until now I hadn't BEEN one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too have been known to do that. Hey - if you finally finish something you have wanted to - it is good to see it in writing and have the pleasure of marking it off!
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking