Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bit by Bit

I have shared how things around here have really gotten out of hand. With so much going on and my husband not being able to help with some of the jobs. And some of those jobs being things that have seemed over whelming to me. At this point I had few choices. Since it seemed so overwhelming I could just decide it was too much and ignore it but where would that get me? No where at all. And in fact things would be more out of hand than they already are. So I decided to make a list. Well looking around here and looking at the list was overwhelming for sure. How was I going to get it all done?
I looked at the list and I thought - Ok - what should I start with. And I went and did a job. In fact that was when I spent a day off this last week working on cleaning out part of our garage so that we could move some metal shelves in - so we could organize some of the things easier. This was a job that I had felt I needed to put off because I do not like cleaning areas that have mostly my husbands things- I don't know what is important and what is not. Well I accomplished what I set out to do. When he got home from work, he went through some things and told me if they were important or not - get rid of or keep. And he brought the metal cabinets in for me. I finished up cleaning things up and organizing things a bit. And when this job was done, I felt fantastic! I had finished something that I had wanted to do for a LONG time.
Then I looked at the list and I am slowly but surely knocking things off of my list. This morning - I was able to get a good amount of things done our in the yard. It is about 82 degrees but very humid and sticky out there. So I have come in to see what on my list I can accomplish inside.
So my whole point to this post - well it is to say - when we come up to times in our lives that things seem to feel overwhelming - don't get discouraged. Just decide to do what you can do today. That is really all you are responsible for today anyway. And if you take a large task and do it bit by bit - you will be surprised that the whole jobs will become manageable. No -things around here are not under control yet. But I am making good strides in that direction.
Another pointer I would have for you all - is to diligently work at things bit by bit. It is when we ignore problems and allow things to get out of control - that bring up to those times of feeling overwhelmed. This is true in taking care of your house, your yard, and also your weight. I mention these things because they are things that are true in my life. Bit by bit we will reach our goals - if set reasonably, of course. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories