Monday, January 31, 2011

Waiting Upon the Lord

Well I shared in my last post that I had submitted the application for the job that I had heard of on Friday. And now I am feeling kind of anxious and nervous. And I know that I should just give it to God.

It has been a very long time since I have had a "real" job. I have worked off and on for my MIL since about 1993. Off and on because I took about a year and a half leave of absence. During these many years of working there I worked about 10 hours a week give or take a little. During the holidays I worked many more hours. And there were times that I worked several 12 hour shifts in a row - just so we could keep up with the orders. One of the main reasons why I loved my job was that I could be home and be a wife and mother to my children. I home schooled my boys for the last 8 years or so. So it was good for me to be home. And truthfully I would like to continue to work a light load so that I could be home for my family when they needed me, but it seems that if I do not get a job we will just get further into debt. We got $600 in hospital bills and we have a bill from the dentist - for $315. left over from what insurance did not pay on Jason's root canal. Well we do not have extra money to pay these extra bills. I am thankful that my husband has a job that he is able to be off after the surgery with pay.

It is very scary for me to venture out and apply for a new job. And so like I said I have been nervous. Earlier when I was stressing a bit, the thought came to my head that I needed to wait upon the Lord. And so I thought, I will look up that phrase in the Bible and see what I can come up with. One of my favorites:

"But they that wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

It is funny because I feel that I have been learning an important lesson lately- well for a while now - that I need to depend upon God. And in this situation - that is all I can really do. I know that I do not have a lot of work experience and glitz and glamour on my application, but maybe that is good because if I get the job - I will know that God is the one that opened the door for me. And if I do not get the job then I will know that it was not God's will for my life and I will continue to ask for His leading.

There are sometimes in life that you just have to take the next step -and sometimes that next step is just to be still and know that God is GOD! And that is great to know.
Here are a few more great verses:

"Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." Psalms 27:14

"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him." Psalms 62:5


"I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope." Psalms 130:5

"Therefore I will look unto the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation: my God will hear me." Micah 7:7

Last but certainly not least:

"Be still, and know that I am God:" Psalms 46:10a

1 comment:

  1. Waiting is very hard and I agree with you..Kind of like after a test waiting to see if you passed. The door will either be open for you or God may have another plan and it will be good too. I'll be praising Him along with you.. (:

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories