Monday, January 24, 2011

Quilting Corner - Working on Long Neglected Projects

Last week we had done a bit of work in my sewing room - which caused me to have to find new homes for a few things that had been stored in an area in that room that was disturbed. Anyway so as I was organizing the stuff I was reminded of a couple of projects that I really need to work on. I had my second block of the month to finish putting together and then I had a pile of my blue and floral fabric that had been cut to put together my 30's block of the month block on the counter in my sewing room(click on fabric if you would like to be reminded of the fabric that I am talking about.) So I decide to spend some time working on those project this week end. I got the block of the month done..check.

Then I started working on my 30's blocks. Sometimes when I spend a lot of time cutting out fabric for a project - it just totally shuts down my creative juices and I have just have to put the project up for a while - till I am ready to work on it. And that is exactly what happened with this blue and floral fabric. It has been a couple of months ago that I cut this fabric out and when I started sewing some of the fabrics together - it just seemed like a big, overwhelming job. So I put the stuff up. Well once I got done with my block of the month block - I started working on the blue and floral blocks - and I was so surprised that the work seemed so much easier than last time. And that was very encouraging.

I still have a bit more cutting fabric to do with this project but that will be when I get to the next step. It was fun to be able to work on these projects and see how it was coming together. It is so rewarding to create things and then see them come together.

Well I was hoping to share some photos but I have misplaced our camera. So I will have to wait till I can find it-then I will share the photos. Hopefully I will find the camera soon. In the meantime I will probably see if I can get a few more of this blocks put together. I hope you all have a great day! :O)

1 comment:

  1. Howdy Lisa
    Thank you for sharing your creative spirit with us .I am looking forward to the pictures you'll share once you find your camera.I was just out wondering around the old blog range this afternoon and I am not really sure how I wound up in your corral but I am so very glad to be here.
    I have had a lovely visit and will come back again .
    Until next time
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

30: More Real Bread Stories