Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow did not stick and Recipe

Well we ended up not getting any snow sticking. Like I said I made up stoup for lunch and supper. I also made up cornbread - both regular for my family and my special recipe for me- that has coconut milk in it. Well the recipe only uses about 1/2 of a cup and I always have one cup of coconut milk left over so today I got the same cookbook out that I got my cornbread recipe from - figuring that since she used coconut once that it was probably not the only time it was used. I was not disappointed. I found a great recipe. So now I will have to make a note that once I make the corn bread - that I can make the chewy oatmeal cookies - recipe below. That is a great way to save money. When you make one thing and you have left overs - figure out what you can do with the left overs. I think I have shared this in the past - but here are a few examples - when you make roast - what ever meat you have left over - you can use to make beef tips over noodles or rice. When I make up my toasted Ravioli's recipe - I serve spaghetti sauce with them- usually you just spoon a little over the Ravioli's. Well the left over sauce - is usually used to make up a pizza in the next day or two. These are just a couple of examples. But I have this information in my Home Management Binder and so when I am setting up my menu I can refer to this information and know better how to plan to make my menu work better. And not only that but also save some money. And that is a good thing.


Chewy Oatmeal Cookies(page 93)



3/4 C. brown sugar

1 C. coconut milk

3/4 tsp. salt

1 C. whole wheat flour

2 tsp. Ener-G Baking Soda OR

1 tsp. regular baking powder(yep-powder)

1 1/2 C. quick oats

3/4 C. raisins

1/2 C. sliced almonds or chopped walnuts

1 C. diced fruit such as peaches, apples, pears, crushed pineapple



1. Combine brown sugar and coconut milk in a mixing bowl, stirring until creamy. Add flour, salt, and baking powder and stir just until mixed. Add remaining ingredients, folding in the fresh fruit last.



2. Scoop onto a cookie sheet with a spoon or small ice-cream scoop. The mix should be soft, but firm enough to stay in small mounds. Flatten slightly with a fork or rubber spatula(dip in water to avoid sticking.)



3. Bake for about 15 minutes at 350* or until lightly browned on top and bottom.



*Makes about 24 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

20: Joseph Vision