Friday, January 28, 2011

A Job Lead - Prayers - Hints/Tips?

In December, I was let go from my job working for my Mother in law at her convenience store/bakery. Things have been tight but lately they are getting even tighter due to some hospital bills from my husbands surgery - when we checked in for the surgery they said we did not owe anything and then we have gotten about 4 bills since - from several different sources. And then we ended up owing money to the dentist and I still need to go get a couple more cavities taken care of. Yesterday my husband said that our couch was getting in really bad shape and that we would need to get another one pretty soon. All of these things plus the fact that I no longer work(even though I worked part time - and not very many hours) has really been stressing me out.

This morning, I sent an e-mail to a friend of mine that works at a hospital to ask about our bill and when she wrote back she let me know of a job that had just opened up that I might be interested in. It is part time - 9am - 1pm Monday - Friday. For being part time, these are great hours. I did not want a full time job and so this would be perfect for me. So I have started the application - right now I am waiting on a few people that I have asked for references from to get back with me. I am nervous about this. I know we need the extra money and all but it has been so long since I have done an interview and the fact that I do not have any college does not help. The good thing about this job - is there is no requirements for college. So I think that I could do a good job. I am also a little nervous about the dressing part. I am not sure what the dress code is but right now since I have lost weight - I don't have a lot of clothes and I don't have any idea of what I would need to wear to an interview - if I get one. Anyway - this is one more area of my life that I have to trust God. He knows what is needed and what is best for us so I have to be willing to go where He leads - and I am feeling like this is where He is leading. So if I get the job - Praise the Lord! But if not, I am trying to hold onto the fact that God is in control and He knows what is best and what ever will be - will be His will. I would sure appreciate prayers on my behalf. And if any one has hints or tips of what I need to remember for an interview or dressing for one - if I get an interview - I will need all the help I can get. Thanks so very much! :o)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! So happy for you..Praise God and I will be praying for you. I am going to suggest black always looks sharp with a hint of color or white, black shoes to go with outfit, navy is good or skirt with a sweater too match, tights or nylons always look nice. Keep it simple, can add a bit of jewlery. But best part is just being who you are in Christ and He will shine forth and now with you new confidence with success in weightloss you will surely shine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! God will lead. If He wants you to get this job, He is well able to make it go that direction.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)