Tuesday, January 4, 2011

This and That

Hello~ I hope you all are doing well. Things here are going good. Yesterday I spent a good amount of time filing papers that had stacked up for too long. In fact - my little cubby hole where I put the papers to be filed was filled up to the top. So I got all of those papers filed away. And it felt great to have it under control finally. I also worked at getting my bank binder in order. It is set up so that each month you put your bank statement in that special area for that month- and I am hoping that when my bank statements come in I will take the time to get them filed away neatly and orderly.

Now that I have everything filed - I think that sometime later this week - I will take my filing drawer out of my desk and go through each folder - getting rid of those things we do not need. Yes - this would have been easier to do before I put the fresh papers in the files but I just did not think of it. Anyway it does not matter - the only thing that matters is that I am working towards being more organized. And that is a good thing.

I also organized the area that I put our bills in when they come in. There had been a pile of mail in there that was not important but needed to be disposed of in the proper way - like credit cards that I do not even want.

Today I had an appointment to get my hair cut. And while I was in town - I got gas, mailed out some payments, and went by two of my favorite thrift stores. One of the thrift stores has started a new system that each week a new color tag is on sale for 50% off - next week that color will be 75% off and then what ever is left the next week will be .50. And then the really cool thing is that like this week blue tags were on sale for 50% off - next week a new color will be 50% off and the blue tags will go to 75% of and so forth. I found a pair of jeans, a church shirt, a long sleeved "cowboy" shirt and a short sleeved shirt for my son, a 8X10 brand new shadow box - just waiting for someone to fill it up, a card, and some rolling pin socks for $15.75. I had not gone there looking for my son but it just happened to work out that way. Then I went to the Goodwill - there I found 2 adorable dresses for my granddaughter, 2- 3/4 sleeved tops for me and a tank top all for $16.? . I have shared this with you all before but I love to shop at Goodwill because every time you spend at least 10 dollars you get a stamp and once you have 10 stamps - you get $10.00 off of a purchase that is $10.00 or more! Isn't that cool? I was surprised that I found anything today - because tomorrow they plan to be closed to do inventory and they had let the stock run really low.

And let me tell you -my sister and I have found some great clothes at thrift stores in fact - I rarely buy things new any more. Especially now that I do not know where I will end up in sizes. So what I buy I might get to wear for a long time or it just may be things I use for a season or so. God has really blessed and clothes have continues to be wearable. I have went down about two size so far and I am much happier at were I am today.

Also an update - I had shared that I had gotten discouraged because I had gained about 2 pounds or so over the Christmas to New Years week - well I have lost it again. And it helped me learn a VERY important lesson. It is easier to lose 2-3 pounds than 20-30 pounds..And you may be say yeahhhhh???duh... Well the reason why it is profound to me is because I have have fallen off of the wagon before and I have gained all of the weight I have lost because once I have fallen off - I just start to ignore the scales and pretend there is not a problem or that I don't care. Well I am learning that not only is my new lifestyle of a plant based diet is a long term - the rest of my life decision -but that I have to continue to monitor my weight and not let it get out of had. Being in denial might make you feel better temporarily but it WILL hurt you worse in the long run. So continue to be real about your life and the choices you make - those choices all add up to the direction in which you are going. And each of those decisions are important - they really are. :o)

1 comment:

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking