Sunday, January 16, 2011

I am not God, and neither are You


Last night I watched the movie, "Eat, Pray, Love." What a long movie it was. My DVD player in my sewing room - will not let me pause for very long so I was only able to take a couple of short breaks. I am not used to sitting that long.

I had been looking forward to watching this movie. I had thought that it would be a good movie and very though provoking, but I was disappointed. I think that part that disappointed me the most was when she was learning that God lived inside her and she was God- WHAT? No we are NOT God. We may be the temple of God but we are NOT Him.

Movies and even TV shows have all sorts of messages that they are trying to send to the audience, sometimes they are clear as day and sometimes they are hidden in between the lines. It is sad to think that there are people that do not have a relationship with God, that will watch this movie and think that they are God.

And think - when the message is given that we are God then no wonder we have people going around shooting people and killing people. And there are so many other dangerous things that this message can lead to.

Satan uses what ever means he can to bring people down. And what is so sad is that so many people fall for his deceptions.

Be very careful of what you watch and what messages you allow into your mind. I know that this is something that I am working on and it is an on going thing.

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8

2 comments:

  1. Julia Roberts is into Hinduism. I won't watch any of her movies. She embraced this religion last year. It was in the papers and magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this information. I am guessing that after doing this movie is when this happened. It is sad that she does not have a relationship to Jesus Christ. I have tried too often to be in control of my life(having myself at the center of my life - that spot that only God deserves) and I have realized that I need God and life is so much better when I depend on Him. Praying that Julia will find Jesus - and in the meantime - I will think twice before I watch any movies that she is in.
    Thanks again for the information,
    Lisa :O)

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

28: My Oil of Choice

Another installment of Breadbeckers! :O)