Thursday, January 27, 2011

This and That

Yesterday I had planned on making a roast for my family for supper, but I forgot. By the time that I remembered I did not have time to make it the way I like to make it- in a crock pot. So I decided since I was planning on making gluten that I would go ahead and make up a few batches of it and use one batch for supper and then freeze the rest(like I had been planning.)

Now making gluten does take some time. (Here is a link to when I did a how-to on Gluten.) But I had plenty of time to make it. I was able to make a batch for supper and then 2 batches for the freezer. I really like having some in the freezer. It is pretty cheap to make and I have found that I make up a big batch of the broth and then I make up several batches of gluten at a time and that way I just use the same broth for all of it.

Today we are planning on going to the Stock Show in Forth Worth. It has been several years since either one of us have gone and since my husband is still on leave from work due to his back surgery - we have extra time this year. And it will do him a lot of good to get out and get some walking in. The weather around this area is really going to be pretty for the next couple of days.
Perfect weather for the stock show - at least the next 3 days.

I have heard talk that there is a chance that we might get some snow/ice next week, it is funny to me how this forecast will change later today or tomorrow -based on who ever is working.

Well I hope you all have a great day!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

29: My Favorite Fats for Baking