Sunday, February 6, 2022

Good Afternoon

 Hello! So I am sorry to report but no best deals this week. I didn't have any freebies or best deals because this week I was busy preparing for the snow/ice that we were going to have. Sure enough it arrived. We ended up with probably 2 inches or so of ice and 1/2- 1 inch of snow- on top of that ice. Thankfully my husband bought me the best pair of boots last year - so I have been able to get out to take care of my chickens a couple of times every day. Thankfully we have heat lamps set up in our chicken coop so that helped keep my girls warm. They spent a majority of the day in the actual coop on Thursday and Friday, by Sabbath they were ready to checkout the few melted areas. We still have patches of snow/ice throughout the yard. 

And the way our house is positioned it is taking much longer for the snow/ice to melt at the garage door- which means I am stuck at home today - instead of running to my favorite little thrift store that is only open on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursdays. I am disappointed. I am hoping to make it there later in the week so that maybe I can have a freebie Friday or best deals post or both. 

We really needed the moisture- so as this stuff melts I am thankful that it is watering the earth. It does mean a bit longer before I can finish getting my garden beds ready for the spring. I am hoping to get some seeds sown this week. It is so fun to watch them grow. Hopefully for one of my gardening posts I can share a bit of that with you all. 

Hoping you all have stayed warm and safe if you too have had some rough weather lately. May God bless you and keep you close. :O) 




2 comments:

  1. I would say you were frugal! You prepared ahead for the bad weather, and we’re then able to stay safe at home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good way to look at it - no money spent so that is great. My husband had to shovel some more of the thick layer of ice of the area right behind my car - so I can get out today and get our trash bill paid- it is due today!

      Delete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar