Friday, February 11, 2022

Freebie Friday and a Gardening Hint


Today's Freebie Friday comes to you from Baker Creek ~ Rare Heirloom Seeds 
This is a great place to order seeds. They do NOT charge shipping costs. And on top of that - if you spend $10.00 - you get a package of free seeds - of their choice- what ever they are giving away at that time - could be flowers or veggies. It's always a surprise!! 

I had ordered seeds several weeks ago and these were the free seeds. I am not the biggest fan of radishes - but I do grow them - they are growing on me. And when I saw these were Wasabi- I almost just gave the seeds away- but several people told me that I could plant these around other plants to help with bugs and such. I know that I had some regular radishes that I had planted by my yellow squash and they lasted longer than I have had plants last in the past - and it was actually the fact that I got Covid really bad the last part of June and really could not get out and take care of my garden for a couple of weeks which caused me to loose my squash - so if you use this to try to control pests- be sure and leave some radishes in place to go to seed - this help continue to protection. Anyway I will be trying these both for pest protection and also to eat. I have heard if you roast them they are not quite as spicy. We shall see. 
I ordered a few more things from Baker Creek earlier this week - I needed some french marigold plants and some purple basil - I have heard these are great to let flower and they attract butterflies. So anyway I can't wait to see what free seeds I get. I will be sharing that with you - hopefully next week!! Oh last year I got some white zinnia seeds- I need to remember to plant some of those this year! :O) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity