Monday, January 24, 2022

Garden Planning

When gardening it is a good idea to spend some time at the beginning of the season planning your garden space. I am sure there are some people who can just go out and plant willy nilly and be successful, but I am not that person. So I need to have a plan. I have a lot of want to plant- but I want to make sure I have room for everything. I don't want to end up with not enough plants for my area or WAY too many either. 

So there are several important questions to ask when planning your garden: 
  • What do you want to plant? 
  • Where will you plant it? 
  • How many of each plant do you have room for?  
If possible make up a template of your garden space and then make copies of them. 
Here are my templates: 



 I used some paper that I had that had 1 inch squares on it - this made it easier for me to at least get the basic idea of what garden places I have. I glues the papers onto cardstock. I then made copies of them and I will keep these originals in my gardening notebook. The reason for this is that I need to be able to write what I am planting in the different areas- I will use a pencil so if as I am planning I realize that something wont work I will move it around. I am a visual person so I need to be able to see the spaces I have and write down what I am planning to do. 

I will label my papers for the year it was - and I will be keeping these sheets -so that I can keep track of what I have done and what was successful and what was not. It is important to keep a notebook of important information and I will be sharing about that hopefully in the next installment of our gardening series. 

If there are any other questions you think are important - please share in the comments. I am sure once I get this job taken care of I may come up with more questions. The ones above are just the questions that came to mind when writing up this post. And like I said - I am no expert. I am just sharing to encourage along the way. 

If you plan to have a garden - take some time to do some planning. There are many resources on the internet giving best times to plant different things and such. There are many different things to consider. You may be a person who can just go out and plant here and there and it all work out great- but I just can't do it that way. I need to have a plan. And these are just a few things to consider. Good luck! :O) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

34: Real Bread and Your Blood Sugar