Thursday, July 8, 2021

I Really Thought I Might Die - several times....

 First of all I have to say that I am SO very thankful that several weeks ago I had gotten a good amount of posts set up to post. If I had not done this - you would not have heard from me for several weeks. 

June the 15 my blood pressure elevated as did my heart rate. I thought I had some heart issues going on. That night I had a horrible night - and was running fever so I knew I was sick. I was able to get in to see my Dr the next day. She checked me out and said they had no way to test me for Covid but that the numbers were so low she thought that what I had was an upper respitory infection. So she prescribed a zpak. I continued to run a fever for the next week But by the 18th my sense of smell and taste were off. So I took a Covid test - and sure enough it was positive. She told me to take several different vitamins, prescribed steroids' and breathing treatments and aspirin for the next 3 months. By the 23rd I stopped running the fever. I had been told that once I was fever free for 24 hours - I would no longer be contagious. So when my fever broke I thought that I was headed in the right direction. I would soon find out that was not the case. By Sabbath morning the 26th - I knew I was in trouble. I barely made it to the bathroom and then to the sewing room where we had the breathing machine set up. And I did a breathing treatment. There were several times from Sabbath - through Monday that I really thought I might die. It was that scary! 

The week before a friend had told me about a Dr who prescribes the actual meds that help fight Covid. Sabbath morning I knew I needed the real meds. I contacted the Dr and asked if he would prescribe the meds and God moved in a powerful way and he said yes. Several hours later my Mom brought me the meds. 

Let's back up just a bit - so the Dr said that these 3 meds he had prescribed to me work the best and quickest when prescribed at the beginning of sickness - and at the point I finally got the meds - I had been sick for 12 days! 

By Sunday I was in even worse shape. My body was in such bad shape about all I could handle was to walk to the closest bathroom to use the bathroom and then get back to the couch asap. I could not handle being up longer than that. It was so taxing on my body just to be up on my feet.  

My husband was so worried and was really wanting me to go to the hospital. Sunday evening I was talking on the phone to my youngest son - he was trying to talk me into going to hospital. As we were talking the local city ambulance pulled into my driveway. My daughter in laws mother had called them to come check on me. They came in and spent an hour here checking me out and answering questions. Come to find out that I was doing everything that I needed to be doing and that it would at this point just take some time to get better. Sabbath I had taken my first 4 pills of covid killing med and Monday I had the next 4 pills to take. I had also been put on 2 other meds. And the Dr wife made some essential oil spray that was to be sprayed on my chest and my back. She also made up some capsules of some oils to help. The first several days I could not taste these oil filled capsules - but several days later - I sure could. All these things really helped me. So the paramedic thought it would be fine for me to stay home. It was such a God thing that they came out when they did - otherwise I would have ended up in the hospital and that was the LAST thing that I wanted. 

Monday the 28th of June - I wanted to get a shower - I hadn't been able to get on on Sunday. I took the fastest shower ever and when I got out - I was coughing and struggling big time. I went to take a breathing treatment - the whole experience was so rough on me - I went into a migraine. Thankfully there are several essential oils that helped with that (I will do a post about this later) and I went to my bed to try to get a nap. I don't usually take naps but for 1 week - I could not make it through the whole day - I was not sleeping good at night so I had to get a nap. 

One of the main reasons why I was not sleeping at night is because I would wake up many times throughout the night with cotton mouth and throat. I got in the habit - still having to do this- I keep a couple of small bottles of water near the bed - and any time I get up at night I drink water as well. 

So by Tuesday I was very, very slowly gaining a tiny bit of strength and ability to be on my feet. Not for very long and I would have to get back to sitting down and recover often. Sabbath - after my nap- I was feeling good enough that I cleaned up the kitchen from our lunch and could tell I finally had taken a turn for gaining my strength back. It felt SO very good. It seemed like there for a while that my road to recovery would be a very long one. 

Sunday July 4th We needed some groceries and so we decided to go to walmart and aldis. We only got a few things at walmart - did not go but to grocery side and only went down a couple of the rows. I had a bit of recovery time as we drove to Aldi's. Once we were done with both stores I was so very thankful that I had been able to get out - I had been home for 18 days! 

Monday our little town had it's parade. We parked at the top of the hill and walked the couple of blocks down. God blessed us with a beautifully cool morning - well cool compared to normal July temps. I think it was only about 77 to start out - warmed up I am sure. It felt good to sit in the sun and enjoy the granddaughters enjoying the parade and candy. Walking back up to the car was a bit of a challenge. But I had been sleeping SO horrible and I had decided that I would make a goal of getting at least 6,000 steps a day - and that walk each way helped with my goal. 

Wednesday was the day my husband went back to work. I had another rough night - dry mouth. And woke up at 5:30am. So I decided to try to do a Rise Up Ministries Weight Workout. I need to get my strength up - so after I had quiet time and took care of animals - I did a work out! Was SO thankful to be able to do that. It feels great to be getting my strength back and able to do the things I love to do! 

So as you can see - had I not already had some great posts ready to go - you would not have heard from me for several weeks. I have never ever been that sick in all of my live. Cancer and Chemo were not this hard on my body. But I am SO thankful that God was with me every step of the way. He strengthened me and He brought things needed to me by friends and family. That will be another post. 

I pray you all are well and I would say - that you really may want to be taking Vit C, D3, and Zinc - these things are excellent to strengthen your immune system. These are things I have been taking - And I will continue to do so to keep my system strong. :O) 

1 comment:

  1. So scary! I am SO thankful you are doing much better! We are still praying for your complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity