Saturday, July 10, 2021

#2 What Is A Christian, More About Jesus Seminar

Below  you will find a little outline of the following sermon. I wanted to get it all typed up for you just in case you wanted to reference back to any of the main verses that he mentions in this sermon about what it is to be a Christian. Be blessed :O) 


What is a Christian:


 1. Focus on Jesus 

2. Daily experience with Jesus 

Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. Luke 9:23

3. Deep interest in the Bible 

39 You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. 
40 But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life. John 5:39-40 

4. Meaningful prayer life 

 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart,  Luke 18:1 

5. Desire to witness 

35 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it. Mark 8:35 

"If my primary interest in being a Christian is to get myself to heaven, I probably wont be there. 

If my primary purpose for being a Christian is to share with someone else the good news, I'll probably be there."

6. I admit I'm a sinner

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8

7. Love for others 

 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 
8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 1 John 4:7-8

8. Peace with God 

 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, Romans 5:1 

9. Don't sin any more 

 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God. 1 John 3:9

Transgression of the law is the result of sin. 

Sin is living life apart from God


 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,  1 Peter 1:23


A really cool tidbit - is that Morris Venden(one of my favorite authors) mentions Taylor G. Bunch 
(another one of my favorite authors) in this sermon. How cool is that?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity