Friday, April 24, 2020

Where Hope Can Be Found

During this time of social distancing - I have noticed that I really do miss hugs. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed the freedom of hugging my friends when I saw them. It's just one way to say "You are special to me" and it kind of causes more loneliness when we can't hug.

I heard this song on my way to get groceries on Thursday. This line really stood out to me:

"Your love is lifting me above all the lies" 

There really are a lot of lies in our world today. There was a time that it was important to reporters and media to tell the truth. I was watching a show that is based on the early 1900's I believe and I was surprised to hear a lady say to a reporter, "I thought reporters were interested in the truth." See I thought that were too - but it seems to me that as the years go by that they seem to get further and further from the truth. Maybe it has always been that way to some point and I just didn't realize it. I don't know - all I know is that you can not believe everything you hear on news or read in the newspapers. You have to use common sense. God's love can lift us above all the lies. But in order for it to do that we must spend more time with Him than we do allowing the lies to filter in - whether that is through news, media, peoples opinions, etc. More time with God. He will make that time well worth our time! And I believe that one day He "will take all that is wrong and make it right." One day he really will and it seems to be closer that I ever imagined. The events of the last two months have showed me that it is closer that I realized. May we prioritize our time and give God more of it and allow His love to lift us above the lies. :O)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity