Friday, April 3, 2020

Just One Day Without.........Please

Today has been a rough day. And I just can't help but think it will be a rough month or two - and honestly I have a hard time even seeing things get better. EVERY SINGLE day more rules and regulations are put into place. More freedoms taken away. More hoops to jump through. And it is discouraging to me.

It all started with something I knew was coming but it still really made me sad. My haircut that is about 3 weeks away was cancelled and I was told once she could start cutting hair again she would get with me. But I am smart enough to know that she will be totally blown away with ALL of the people who will want appointments and I have no idea how she will get us all in. It looks like I will have to let my hair out..whether I want to or not. I just pray it isn't too painful... 

Then when my son got his daughter for the weekend we find out that at her Moms house they have CNN going all the time and so she has to hear all of the crazy news that kids shouldn't even have to worry about in the first place. They don't have the ability to filter the news - which yes _ I feel like it is important to filter the news. To realize that agendas are behind alot of the stories and we can't take all news stories at face value. It makes me sad that my granddaughter has to deal with all the stress and fear driven news all the time when she is not with our son and us. 

Walmart has put many more rules in place if you want to go to their stores - one door to the store open - and a very limited amount of people into the store - then when they are at max - it goes to one in one out. Oh and you better go to the store by yourself. Oh and if that wasn't enough - they will have arrows on the ground - meaning you can only go down the aisle the way the arrow goes. I just feel like SO many freedoms are being taken away. 

Oh and lets not forget the fact that it looks like we may have to wear a facemask if we are to get out. what about people that don't have a facemask? They are in very limited supply right now ----- duh.... that is why I have been making some for a Hospice in the area. 

And this pattern that I was given by the organization that asked me to make the masks - uses bias tape- which is sold out in the stores. I made one of these and sadly it seems like it would not fit very comfortable - if I have to wear one out and about. It is all SO frustrating.

Remember back when I lost my hair with Chemo - and I had to wear a hat - when I went to the stores I felt very uncomfortable - I feel even more uncomfortable at the stores now. I used to really enjoy getting groceries for my family but now it is frustrating... 

I am SO sorry for the downer post - but this is real. This is how I am feeling. Right now we are stuck like this at least till May 4th but it very well could go much longer than that - because any time some other city adds time - it rolls down hill to us - and then we have more time added to ours. I just had a real hard time seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with this - I had a hard time seeing things ever going back to normal.... It is like different city officials are really enjoying the fact that they just keep getting to add more and more rules. Here is your list of rules today - but tomorrow you can't just go by those rules - there will be more added on. And I would just LOVE to get through ONE day without more rules and regulations added and freedoms taken away. Could we be praying for this? Join me please. God is still in control.... I need to keep my eyes on Him. And hold onto Him. He will get me through. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I have been using bias tape- I am out but let me experiment with making some bias tape type strings to use as ties- I'm sure I can figure it out but it'll take some time. I'll let you know

    ReplyDelete
  2. renee - I have a couple of masks made. I'm hoping I have your address in my book. Cause I'm having an issue getting on your blog. I hope y'all are ok.

    ReplyDelete

Hello~ I love getting your comments. I have made a few changes to make things a little easier for you and hoping a more enjoyable experience for both you and I. Have a blessed day! :o)

33: The Way to Captivity